Hello everyone! I’m writing this message to you on Day 2 of this new chapter in my life in camping. In these two days, this is what I’ve learned:
- That my co-workers in the office are fantastically welcoming people and the spring/summer staff that I’ve already met are passionate, kind and love camp immensely. The campers are in good hands.
- The physical property is gorgeous and it certainly shows the time and care that everyone puts into it.
- The history of this place is rich and steeped in the generous contributions of generations of the staff, volunteers and alumni.
- Joe’s dog, Scottie, is better than a door bell, and is always up for some attention. He is staring at me right now.
- Writing grant applications and talking about the future of this place with Joe is exhilarating and leaves me feeling grateful that I can be even a small part of that future.
If my initial learnings are any indication of my time to come, then this is going be a good – no – great thing!
I love sharing stories. Stories about camp, about my travels and about the times that camp and kids have taught me more than school ever could. I also love hearing stories, and that’s where you come in. I’m excited to begin meeting all of you out there who love and support this place.
If you have a story to share, want to say hello, or find out more about why camp is going to be amazing this year, please get in touch with me at email@example.com at 519-764-2428. Tell Shannon she’s great and ask for Matt or Iscus.
I’m looking forward to sharing stories, songs and laughs with you.