Please help Pearce Williams be around for another 50 years.
URGENT APPEAL - Fire Safety at Pearce Williams - June 2018
Give, Donate & Invest in Pearce Williams
You are the hero of this story.
You make it possible for Pearce Williams to change the lives of campers.
Pearce Williams takes great pride in its long standing history of offering the most amazing summer camp experience to campers. An important part of that is our commitment to the safety and well-being of every child it welcomes.
Following a recent fire safety inspection, the camp received a set of 11 Fire Inspection Orders that must be completed before August 1, 2018. We want to assure you that these orders do not identify any immediate threats to fire safety; however, they do require immediate attention to ensure that Pearce Williams is in compliance and can continue to offer a safe and secure place for campers of all ages into the future.
There are a number of interim measures that are being implemented as we address these orders. However, there is much work to be done that varies in both complexity and cost – from cleaning the wood-burning chimneys and ensuring a certified inspection to installing fire doors and modernizing fire escapes.
We are writing to you today because we know you believe in Pearce Williams and understand the important role it plays in the lives of all who experience it. Initial cost estimates to comply with the orders range from $155,000 to $200,000. These are well beyond the capacity of the current operating budget.
Share our need on Social Media, at your church, around your dinner table - we need your help to make this possible.
Donate to our Fire Safety appeal with this form:
Without you and people like you Pearce Williams
would not be able to partner with parents and
the community to help raise strong children and youth.
You can join in helping to raise strong children by giving in various ways:
- You can invest in our mission by donating money. Follow this link for our General Donation Form through Canada Helps - safe and secure.
- You can volunteer time. We can always use volunteers - to help at camp, to help with our site and/or to sit on a committee or be a member of our Board of Directors.
- Email or call Joe Richards, our Executive Director to have a chat about what you can do as a volunteer.You can donate your time and/or expertise.
- You can start by filling out our Volunteer form as well to help us know what you would like to do.
Buy something from the Wish List and send or bring it to camp.
- The wish list changes all the time - Click here to see what we need.
This is just a start. If you can think of another way to help, please call Joe and let me know what you can do for us.
Thank you for considering Pearce Williams for your donations and your volunteer time.
Welcome. Teach. Serve.
To Welcome all who come. To Teach all who wish to learn. To Serve God in all we do.